Friday, August 8, 2008

Back and forth...

Drops of rain crash against the window pane, like kamikaze pilots they were,
Sombre faced they sacrifice their lives to impregnate the earth with life,
The trees they sway as if to a divine orchestra they belong,
Scavengers they circle the sky as if below was a scene of death,
The clouds they are drooping, hanging heavy with all they rain they have,
I, childlike, stare at the stage of life, watching with awe and wonder this cosmic spectacle,
Life, it goes on like this,
The seasons, they change, babies are born and corpses are lifted,
I do my daily routine, like the rest do theirs,
In this entire cosmic equation where do I figure I don’t know,
But I drive to work and drive back with my favourite song playing,
Probably I am a spoke in the wheel of fortune, probably I am not,
I’ll drive to work with my favourite song playing and I will drive back,
Day in and day out….

No comments: